The FIREBird DEVICE
The FIREBird system provides 360‐degree wildfire detection by using a combination of wildfire‐specific thermal sensors, optical imaging, and advanced computer algorithms.
Unmanned, autonomous operation ensures fast wildfire detection and notification without the need for a full‐time staff to monitor the system.
Wildfire Detection with FIREBird
- Continuous, 360 degree, monitoring of the surrounding area is provided by 14 wildfire-specific thermal detectors and optical cameras.
- Fires as small as 3 feet by 3 feet can be detected as far as 400 feet from a FIREBird device
- Fires as small as 5 feet by 5 feet can be detected up 900 feet. Larger fires can be detected even further away.
- Multiple advanced neural‐network algorithms provide local determination of abnormal heat and fire events. These algorithms also minimize the likelihood of false or missed detections.
Comprehensive Fire Monitoring
- Cameras capture and transmit images of the surrounding area when a fire is detected. These images provide useful information for firefighters and create documentation to assist in determining the source of ignition.
- A built-in high accuracy weather station measures wind speed, wind direction, temperature and humidity; vital information for fire fighters when assessing the fire event.
- Continuous communication is ensured by built-in cellular and satellite radios.
- Days of power backup are provided by a built-in, fire resistant battery.
Discover the FireSense Portal
The FireSense web portal provides real-time photos, notifications of fires, weather conditions, and more.